2013-04-19

The flowers began to bloom even in Asahikawa City !

by Gen, Kamikawa Sub-prefectural Office of Hokkaido Government

Even in Otokoyama Brewery Park, Asahikawa City, pretty flowers such as Dogtooth Violets,  Far East Amur adonis started to bloom.

My colleague said that it is possible to extract the starch from the root of this plant Dogtooth Violet but nowadays the starch  is made from mainly potatoes in Hokkaido.
 In my infancy, my family used to dig out this plant Far East Amur adonis in the mountains around the hollow we lived. I did not know that it was poisonous. I have never eaten it so far and I am so relieved with no mistake of eating it.
A Dogtooth Violet is blooming with some kind of flower. As it is the season of departure, parting, start, rebirth and reincarnation, the small beauties  seems to be bosom buddies.
Or, one of them was born out of wedlock.
It may be snowing on the hillside of Daisetsuzan Mountainous Area but it will develop the kinds of color and show as the scenery like an illusion with vigorous lives again. The season of sightseeing also started !

Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment