2015-01-25

Sulfur Mountain near Lake Kussharo 2 !


 by Kazu

The area had been off-limits by the former Japanese army because the sulfur was used to produce gunpowder.
I am not sure the logistics on this matter but actually the railway had been available for shipping before.
Boiled eggs were made for the tourists in the small pool around the hole of eruption but we could not find them.
Crystallized yellow sulfur made small cones on the hillside of the mountain.
 To much inhaling the gas might damage our nerves, so some of the eruption hole was off-limits. The ladies gave me a present thanking for my attendance and treating them to the feast sourced locally.
I appreciate !

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if we can bring our own eggs and net there. I'll be visiting this mountain in September.

    ReplyDelete